Antivirus apps of 2010 group test
By Erik Larkin | PC World
Published: 12:16 GMT, 21 January 10
Another year, another antivirus round up. This year's crop were tested for traditional signature-based malware detection rates and most came up smelling of roses. We've differentiated them based on their performance in behavioural analysis (a technique that identifies malware based on what it does to your PC), rootkit removal and ease of use. Read the full reviews to find out which did the best in our extensive tests.
- Alwil Avast! Professional Edition 4.8 |
- Avira AntiVir Premium 2011 |
- BitDefender Antivirus 2010 |
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 |
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 2010 |
- G-Data Antivirus 2010 |
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 |
- McAfee Antivirus Plus 2010 |
- Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 |
- Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2010 |
- Trend Micro Antivirus + Antispyware 2010
We've gathered up the latest releases by the biggest names in antivirus, and tested them to destruction all for your edification. Read on to find out which malware-battling solutions came out on top, and which are sitting at the bottom of this year's heap.